Monday, June 28, 2010

A big week for the family

We have so much going on around here! This is a big week for our family. We are going to see a maxillofacial surgeon to find out if he can help with Grayson's sleep apnea. His apnea is what is keeping us from getting his trach out. I am trying not to think so much about it, but its kinda hard not to. Also Grayson is finally feeling better from being sick with his virus and tummy infection. He is taking the majority of his calories without gagging! So now maybe we can get back on track with him gaining some weight back. He lost 2 ounces from his last weight check, which is a total bummer, but considering he was sick with fever and respiratory issues it could have been a lot worse. I have some prayer requests that I need to mention, I have dicovered in the last few weeks that Grayson has temperature regulating issues. I did not know that this could even be an issue, but guess what? It is and I don't really know how to deal with them. I have learned that he can not tolerate being hot. When we go outside even if its just for a few minutes his little body temp goes way up! Yesterday it was 103! So I was freaking out and stripped him down to a diaper, as well as laid cool compresses on him put him on the floor with a fan blowing on him, tylenol too ( it worked). I think it takes him about 30 to 45 minutes to get regulated again. Now let me say he was cracking up laughing at me the whole time this is going on, which he does on a regular basis (he is such a boy).Plus he loves to be naked like most other kids his age. I am looking into a coolong blanket for our next big purchase to see if this helps him with traveling while its so stinkin hot outside! So far everything i have found is for adults not kids. Really looking forward to this weeks cooler temps so then maybe he can get out and not be so miserable. We are outside people and I know he would love being outside too if we can get this figured out. Until the weather is less hot we are indoors for sure. So I am praying that this is a very temporary issue for him, and that God will heal him of any issue that may be causing this. With God ALL things are possibe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment