A good friend of mine shared this list with me, and I just had to share it will all of you. Even if you don't agree with all of them, most of them are right on the money. This list of life lessons were written by a 90 year old lady named Regina Brett. Please take the time and read it to the very end it really is worth it.
1. Life isn't fair, but it is still good.
2. When in doubt, take one small step at a time.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit card every month.
6. You don't have to win every arguement, agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's okay to get angry with God...he CAN take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up your present.
12. It's okay to let your kids see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in a blink of an eye. But don't worry God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
17.Get rid of everything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life don't take no for an answere.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now, don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but YOU.
26. Frame every so called disaster with these words,"In five years will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything, give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
33. Believe in MIRACLES!
34. God loves you because of who God is not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life, show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative.
37. Your children only get one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside everyday. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone elses we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel get up, dress up, show up.
45. Life isn't always tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.